Getting Your pool ready for Winter Season
It’s always bad practice to let your pool go green over winter. An incorrect chemical balance can damage your pool’s surfaces and cost you hundreds of dollars to fix.
In summer we need to filter the water in the pool twice a day to make our pool safe for swimming. This process normally takes up to 8 hours on most systems.
In the winter months, we can get away with 4 hours a day as the pool is not being used. The most important thing to do over winter is to maintain chlorine levels at 1-1.5 ppm. Most systems in Perth run saltwater chlorinators.
Setting your pool up for winter months
- Drop saltwater chlorinator run times to 4 hours a day i.e 7am – 9am in the morning and 4pm to 6pm in the afternoon
- Add 1Lt of algaecide/ winteriser
- Maintain correct salt levels over the winter months 4000-5000ppm
- Empty the skimmer & pump baskets weekly
- Every fortnight check the Ph levels and maintain them at 7.4-7.6
- Keep your pool water levels halfway down skimmer box